Tuesday, March 20, 2007

it's going to come down to the wire!

So I've been spending more time knitting rather than blogging about knitting of late, I know - I've not been a reliable little blogger!

It's just the pressure is getting to me!

The Red Hill Show items need to be delivered by 5pm Wednesday 21st (yes, tomorrow!) and I still need to sew up booties, knit a lining for my tea cosy and sew it together, as well as attach leaves or some such guff!

So as well as trying to fit in all my normal mummy/employee/partner/friend/person stuff, I have been up burning the midnight oil.

Here's where we're at as of 11am Tuesday:

The Tea Cosy pattern is a freebie from the net (don't ask me for links, I'm on a deadline! It's called Daffodil Stitch Tea Cosy 1929. Google it.) I think I may make a couple of twisted cords for the tea cosy and embellish them with glass beads?

I realise it's just a little country show, and I am making way too much of my entries, but it's the first time I have entered an event like this, and of course I want to reflect my best work. I like community events, and have always supported them in the places I have lived previously. However, this is the first time I have done so in this place, the place I now have lived for over 8 years (and have been resisting for over 8 years!), so perhaps it's a turning point?!

2 comments:

Rebecca said...

I can't believe it! I picked out the daffodil pattern last week to knit for my auntie who's birthday is in June. I can't wait to see it when it's finished!

kgirlknits said...

it's a great pattern to knit - enjoy! Just a tip, i started knitting the lining in single strand and, being garter stitch, it was taking forever! I doubled the yarn, moved to biger needles and got in done in two hours!