Thursday, August 09, 2007

getting closer...

Is it sad that I'm excited that there are now less than 3,000 people ahead of me in the queue to get in the Ravelry door?

You signed up on June 27, 2007
You are #11242 on the list.
2974 people are ahead of you in line.
12634 people are behind you in line.
34% of the list has been invited so far



part of me just wants to play it so cool and not even check where I am on the list, so when the invite comes I can blithely go: "oh, yeah. OK. Good.". The other (geeky) half of me wants to have the ansty page bookmarked and refreshed every 30mins!



I am such a little geek that I have made up a spreadsheet so I can enter the daily progress of my invitation!



I love that it's a first-come-first-served system, though.



Makes me feel less like a loser standing in front of a door-bitch outside some ultra-hip club while she looks me up and down, with one eyebrow raised, or worse, doesn't even look at me...oops, bit of repressed memories there, I think. Perhaps we should just leave that one there, buried deep, deep deep down where it can't do any *twitch* harm. (*twitch*)



I estimate (by my calculations and spreadsheet figures!) that I might just make it in the door by the end of August.



(not that I care)



(not really)



(well, not much, anyway)



(cos I'm cool, right?)

7 comments:

2paw said...

You are so cool!! I embrace your coolness. I have a spread sheet of the characters in a very long series of books. Just so I know when they pop up, so I know who's with who, and what's what. Not that I'm a nerdy geek or anything. I will keep an eye out for you on The Ravelry. I accidentally signed up at almost the very beginning. It truly was an accident, I didn't realise how lucky I was!!!

Rebecca said...

Better than me. I'm sitting at No. 12526 on the list!

Madge said...

Hang in there, cool thing. Your time will come...and then watch out for being sucked into the Ravelry zone!

And, um, you're uploading photos of your projects and stash to flickr now, right? Do that in the meantime, and you'll be good to go when the invite arrives.

kgirlknits said...

ahh, thanks for the tip!

chocolatetrudi said...

You're not the only one. There's something addictive about checking how the numbers have changed every few days. I'm somewhere in the 5,000s. Reckon I've got a good six weeks to go, minimum.

Sheila said...

We all will get there. It is amazing how poplar that site has become!

gusseting said...

lady, it's so addictive. if it's any consolation, you're ever so cool, along with the umpteen others who are waiting. i'm over here - feel free to email me, it'd be great to chat.