Sunday, July 31, 2011

my derby team went to Perth and all I got was this...

bloody broken ankle!

and in the last four minutes of the game, too... (yes, we won)

I ended up in hospital for 5 days over in Perth and have had surgery to put a metal plate and six screws in, then had to fly home with one leg elevated the whole flight - that was fun, let me tell you.  Hats off to the hosting league though - they were amazingly generous and caring looking after my stranded broken self.  I am forever indebted to them for their kindness

So I'm laid up for 6 weeks, no weight bearing, can't go to work due to various restrictions and logistics.  I feel so dependent, which is the worst part I think? 

I guess it does leave a lot of time for knitting though...I am looking forward to getting a few big projects knocked over and some little ones that have been on the list for ages

6 comments:

Leonie said...

Oh no! This Roller Derby stuff has got it's grip on you hasn't it?
The bright side is the knitting time but I agree the dependency is horrible. Best of luck for a speedy recovery.

DrK said...

ugh. the dependency really bites doesnt it? im glad youve been well looked after, and yes, good knitting time, but really, that just sucks. get well soon.

Donyale said...

Bloody Hell Kylie - ok - so you didn't come to Bendy (and spend the evening in Casualty with Tink) so you went to Perth and spent a week in Hospital instead ;)

I'm making light of a yucky situation. Thinking of you.

Bells said...

Six weeks!!! Wow. Yes, while there's a lot of knitting to be done, you're paying a high price for that. Poor Kylie!

Rose Red said...

Well thank goodness you won! And thank goodness for knitting, if you have to spend six weeks on your butt, I can't think of a better thing to do to pass the time. Hope you heal well and have lots of lovely nurses to look after you.

Reckless Glue said...

oh noes!!!!! poor you :(