finished as we pulled into home last night around 11.30pm, although I didn't know it was finished at the time...
Thanks to a very understanding partner who agreed to drive the 4hr round trip we made yesterday, I was able to knit the whole way.
It wasn't until this morning though that I measured my progress and found that I was exactly on the required length and could therefore cast off! (So I guess, technically, I didn't finish til this morning, when I bound off the bottom hem)
Black wool is so very hard to photograph accurately, as many of you will know and agree. this was the best I could manage. The first photo is the most accurate for colour, which is a deep inky blue-black with flecks of cobalt and tan. The second two photos show a little more of the details - I love the spiral drape of the front edges.
Overall, this pattern was a pleasure to knit, and it fits like a dream! I can't wait to get some wear out of it in the coming weeks, before the weather turns too chilly.
and of course, I can't wait to cast on something new!!