Monday, October 23, 2006

marching right along...

These socks seem to be flying along, I can't get enough of them!



Small amount of colour pooling when I started the calf shaping, which I'm a bit disappointed in - I loved the stripes! I tried to manipulate it by breaking the wool and re-joining a few times, but still couldn't get it right. Does anyone have any tips on this?


It seems to have sorted itself out now that I'm onto the lower leg section, just with smaller intervals between dark stripe.

(oh, and p.s. - Beloved loved him birthday beanie!)

3 comments:

Jo said...

WOW, your sock looks great. I love the colour.

Carson said...

oh, the old "trying to control randomness of variegated yarn" angst...I know it well.

you just have to go with it i think..i'm sure it's like a zen thing.

Wired for Fibre said...

There will always be a bit of a glitch in the colour patterning when you do the heel shaping.
An afterthought heel might be the way to avoid it, if you're up to it ;O)