Wednesday, October 11, 2006

More Socktober yarn...

I think I've found the yarn I've been searching for (for Embossed Leaves socks)!! Now I just have to decide on shade. It's between:

Elven


or:

Commando


or maybe:

Maple

The yarn is "Elizabeth" from http://www.live2knit.com.au, my new favourite Aussie wool shop on-line!

- superwash merino

- 4ply Fingering Weight

- 50g & 172m per ball/skein

- 28sts & 32 rows to 10cm

- 3.25mm needles

I love the way Elven reminds me of woodland nymphs and fairy glens. Commando says "don't-mess-with-me", and appeals to my independent streak, and Maple, well, falling leaves, autumn, you get the picture?!

What does anyone think? Any preferences?

3 comments:

Carson said...

I don't want to make your decison harder, but...
are you sure the lovely complex stitch of the embossed leaves pattern won't be lost in the variegated yarn? I would tend to do them in a single colour.
Anyway, happy deciding and knitting

Michelle said...

I'd go with the 'elven' one, myself. So pretty!

kgirlknits said...

Thaks for the input, guys! I think elven will be the go - tonally its range is quite close, so hopefully pattern won't be lost!