Wednesday, October 18, 2006

look what I got in the mail...!!


I am SO excited, my skein of "Socktoberfest" has arrived from Scout! {see button in sidebar for link}

Now I can't wait to wind it and get knitting! Because there is 500g of this beauty, I'm going to use it to make the knee-hi hiking socks out of "Greetings from the KnitCafe".



Sorry about the blurry photos - having problems with new camera, but that's a whole other story I won't bore you with now!


On other Socktoberfest news, I have to confess, my mosaic socks are fast losing their appeal...

I don't know whether its the fiddliness (is that a word) of the pattern, or the colour of the two wools, but I am just not as excited as I thought I would be.



Not sure whether to persevere, or send them to the frog pond and start same pattern over but with different yarn? Can't decide, so I've sent them to Buddha for meditative reflection!

1 comment:

Carson said...

yeah, i see what you mean about the mosaic.
i think that would drive me beserk.
hmm..i'd have to see a closer photo in order to decide whether it's the colour or the stitch.