Monday, October 02, 2006

searching for the perfect sock yarn...


Today I went in search of wool for my Socktober socks, but it was slim pickings in my neck of the woods - it seems everyone has packed up their broader wool selection with the coming of the warmer weather, and the only shades I could find were very masculine and heavy.

I grabbed two balls of this Heirloom Argyle out of desperation, but when I got it home and swatched it, the vibrant cobalt blue seemed to get lost in the grey, and it looked dull and uninviting.

The last thing I want to do is commit to this beautiful pattern with a half-hearted wool, so tomorrow I am going further afield, up to the "big smoke"!

I have a particular shade of green in mind, or else an autumnal fiery orange/crimson blend? Something that will compliment the leaf motif, and be a colour I want to wear!

Wish me luck!!

No comments: