Saturday, November 18, 2006

unexpected finds...

I love it when you find something new about an item you have had for years! Having recently moved I have been un-packing all my little bits and pieces (now, if that ain't the perfect metaphor for my world at the moment?!) and in doing so, I re-discovered these little figurines.




Purchased probably five years ago at a trash 'n' treasure market, I thought nothing move of them other than I liked the colours and South American style.

Today, however, I look at them and see what the female figurine is doing...



She's using a drop spindle!

Would anyone have an idea where these figurines may have originated?

2 comments:

Rose Red said...

Can't help with the figurines but just wanted to say I love your sunrise circle - I think it looks great with one button and it is a great fit and colour too!

kgirlknits said...

If I had turned the figurines over I would've had my answer! Underneath the base is "Peru 1977" written in blue biro! I feel such a fool!