Wednesday, January 24, 2007

Arisaig lace



Coming along nicely, thank you very much! I am up to the sleeve shaping on the back, moving along at a reasonably quick pace for something that is such a fine gauge.

I have to say, I love knitting this pattern!

It took me a little while to get the hang of the instructions and the lace chart, but with the aid of stitch markers at each repeat and a trusty row counter, we are moving along without trouble. I had one hairy moment, when discovering an error row (6 rows back, mind you? Note to self, you can't watch tennis and knit lace late at night - you are not that proficient!), but thankfully managed to rip it back without losing any yarnovers.



I have also been doing a bit of re-stocking of the bookcase.


This came home with me the other night...




not usually a fan of celebrity books, but I love this one. Not really about the celebrity, I suppose!



Knit 2 Together, Tracey Ullman & Mel Clarke


and these are on order, due early Feb...





I've been eyeing this off for a while, finally took the plunge...

Junior Knits, Debbie Bliss



and this one is to stop the open-mouthed look of horror that appears when I mention that I have never read any EZ patterns, or advice!!!
Knitting without Tears, Elizabeth Zimmerman
So much for trying to implement some savings...
oh well!

2 comments:

Rebecca said...

The lace is looking gorgeous! I think I'm going to bite the bullet and buy another book - Victorian Lace Today. Just so many beautiful lace projects (not that I don't have enough projects going at the moment)!

jacqui said...

Your lace is looking gorgeous!