Sunday, January 28, 2007

Farewell Marta...

For those who don't know, we lost one of our best recently. Marta, of Marta's yarns, passed on the 18th January this year. Marta was one of those wonderful people who was open to sharing her knowledge and encouraging knitters from all levels of experience. For those of you not familiar with the lady or her yarn, it was her handpaint laceweight I used to complete my Icarus shawl when the original yarn I used ran out, and I then used it to make my Horseshoe lace stole for Mum's Christmas present...

She was a very generous spirit, always ready to share her knowledge, and offer a word of encouragement, and she was an inspiration to many. Condolences to her family, I'm sure she will be sadly missed by all...

1 comment:

Jo said...

Well, I am shocked. If I hadn't read in on your blog I wouldn't have known.

My sympathies to her family and friends.