Because of the hours I work, I couldn't get to pick it up until this morning. There I was peering in the glass doors at the weary assistants, who were valiantly trying to ignore the crazy lady smiling and waving eagerly at them, in her efforts to open those few minutes (ok, 15) earlier. Probably the exact same look I have on my face at 8.45am when I'm trying to get the store ready to open and some nutter is tapping on the doors, but I digress...
Michelle, The Knitting Muso, has been outed as my Tea Cosy Swap Pal, and boy, has she outdone herself!
For those who don't know about the swap, it was set up over on Ravelry in the Australian Knitters group, and the idea was that Oz knitters would do an in-house (i.e. not international) tea cosy swap around Christmas time. We all filled out a questionnaire saying what our likes, preferences etc were, and then it was up to us to stalk our pal's and make them something tea related. The part I especially liked was that the person you were knitting for was not necessarily the one knitting for you, so the fun was shared around.
Michelle has done a superb job of stalking me, nailing my taste to a T (pardon the pun!).
She has sent me:
- a cupcake tea cosy, complete with sprinkles on top!
- a knitted cupcake - too cute
- 2 supersoft dishcloths, one with a teapot, the other with a cup of tea
- a deliciously scented bar of cedar wood and cinnamon soap
- Earl Grey tea with blue cornflowers in it
- a skein of Socks That Rock, colour Gingerbread Dude - wow!
- a big block of organic chocolate and a packet of Dutch spice biscuits - my fave, mmmm!
- a packet of Monte Carlos (I'm just a sucker for those retro classics!)
- a cupcake serving platter!
This last shot is just a little detail of my teapot I love, because it looks like a little tattoo peaking out of the cosy - and I do love a little cheeky teapot tatt!
oh, I'm so spoilt! I only hope the recipient of my package gets as much enjoyment out of it as I have of mine!
Thank you Michelle, you are the rock star of swap pals!