Monday, November 24, 2008

gifts

I celebrated my birthday last week, and was thoroughly spoilt by all.

First Katie surprised me with two lovely skeins of greeny goodness...


yes, that's Malabrigo - my first time. I'm too nervous to use it, just patting it at present! I feel it may be a hat, though - perhaps one of these?

and some beautiful green variegated 4ply from Dyelicious


I'd already done some spoiling of my own and had purchased two skeins of Katie's wool. Some of her divine Olivia cashmerino, in the limited edition "Royale" colourway...

and a skein of her Ginger yarn, which has a silver thread running through it. Lily has this earmarked for legwarmers - hmm, we'll see?!


Then my brother and sister-in-law organised a gift voucher from Sarah Durrant for me and I bought this...
Colinette Jitterug in Ginger Cinnabar and Oyster Blush.

and then on Saturday night my girls booked me a room in the city and took me out on the town, to two of the best little alley bars in Melbourne - Double Happiness for cocktails and Golden Monkey for dinner and more cocktails.

it's been the best birthday, ever :)

12 comments:

Rose Red said...

Happy Birthday!! Look at all that lovely yarny goodness!! Mmmmmalabrigo! I love that foliage patten (I've got some malabrigo earmarked for it too!) Sounds like you had a fab time, well deserved!

Bells said...

oh wow. happy birthday! One's first malabrigo is one of those knitterly milestones and stroking it is the only thing to do while contemplating what it will be.

You are surrounded by people who love to support you in your addiction, obviously.

Emma said...

Happy birthday for last week! It sounds like you had a lovely time, and with so much yarn too!

2paw said...

Happy Birthday!! Lots of lovely woolly presents!!

Kate Moore said...

Happy birthday. You got some great gifts and sounds like you had some fun.

Leonie said...

Happy birthday for last week. It seems as if your loved ones know how to spoil you, you good trainer you!! Now you just have to figure out what to do with it all, I see a lot of time spent on Ravelry in your future!!!

Madge said...

Happy belated birthday!!!

Fab yarn, fab friends, fab wining and dining - you know how to party. Here's hoping the fun lasts for the rest of the year!

At Home Mommy Knits said...

Beautiful colors! What lovely presents...Happy Birthday.

Nellie said...

You lucky duck! Yarn and cocktails!

kgirlknits said...

yeah, come to think of it, it really DOESN'T get any better than that, does it?!

Gracia said...

Belated Birthday cheer I send you... hurrah! Hurrah! May the coming year find you tangled p in yarn in a good way.

xo

MRS MJW said...

ahhh...what beautiful green yarn you have there.