Monday, June 21, 2010

tangled up in you


 oh, my Untangled Yoke is done, and I am so in love....!

The fit, the yarn, the pattern - it's all great.

Specs: 
Pattern:    Tangled Yoke - Eunny Jang, Interweave Knits
Yarn:        Grignasco Tango - Graphite
Needles:  3.75mm Addi Turbo
Size:        34"

Mods:
  • Removed the cable from the yoke.   Yeah, I know.  It's the whole point of the pattern, for a lot of people.  It just didn't really do it for me, but the rest of the elements of the garment did.  I'm glad I took it out.  I love the clean, simplicity of my cardigan, and can imagine wearing it everywhere

Happy about:
  • The fit of this garment is superb.  I think it would have to be the happiest I have been with a finished garment, ever
  • The construction.  Hello, knit almost entirely in one piece. Plus, sleeves knit in the round then joined in for the yoke.  The only seaming was a small amount of grafting under the arms
  • The yarn.  Bought on clearance at my LYS, this garment has cost roughly $28.  The yarn is lovely - a warmish charcoal gray with tan and baby blue tweed flecks.  Yum

I would gladly contemplate using this pattern again - maybe with a variation on the garter rib bands?  A slightly heavier weight yarn too, perhaps...The Tango knits up beautifully soft and drapey, but it is a thinner-weight cardigan, definitely.

16 comments:

Anonymous said...

I can see why you like it so much - it looks fabulous on you! This has always been a favourite pattern of mine, although I've never made it. Thanks for such a great review - it may have to make its way more quickly up my queue now!

missfee said...

I am in love too

my favourite yarn of all time, I haz the huge secret stash of the stuff,

one of my favourite patterns reworked


done by one of my favourite knitters


love

2paw said...

It's beautiful and how nice to hear someone so enamoured of their finished garment!!

Suse said...

Ohh I love it!

Suse said...

Ohh I love it!

Snooze said...

it looks so warm and comfy ... the colour's perfect for winter.

Bells said...

wow. Very much untangled yoke! Fantastic!

I have Tango too - having just worked with the oh so similar Felted Tweed, I know why you're in love with it. It's great to wear huh?

And we are so having drinks in our cardis at Bendi!

Gracia said...

Gosh! It suits you well... I can see why you like it so much. I'd live in it.

Rose Red said...

It looks so great - I really love it without the cable (although I do love it with the cable too!). I would never have thought of removing the cable.

I've got a reasonable stash of Tango too, but have yet to use it. Soon maybe, I hope!!

Reckless Glue said...

I love that you removed the cable!!!

Sue said...

It looks fantastic on you and perfect for this winter weather. I like the color too.

DrK said...

oh so much to be happy about! i love the untangled idea and a fantastic colour for you. yay for new cardis!!

Donyale said...

Noice!

Susan said...

lovely - really like the yarn - and great bargin shopping too :) Looks great

Leonie said...

Can see the beauty in leaving off the tangle...such a simple cardy, wonderful. Can't wait to see it in person at Bendi

Gidgetknits said...

Ah, without the cable... it works!!! Looks fantastic, in fact. Begins to mull over casting on...