Friday, October 28, 2011

the way we do it these days...

Fairly regularly, I like to pull out all my knitting magazines, books and stored soft-copy files and have a good flick through for inspiration...

I have a lot of knitting resources, to say the least.  I have been fairly diligent in loading them into my Ravelry library over the years, although there are definitely some recent purchases that haven't quite made it yet.

Today I was thinking about my night.  I have the luxury of having the house to myself and not one single place I need to be, or one single thing that has to be done.  So naturally my thoughts turned to knitting.

Because I was at work and didn't have access to my hard-copy resources, I jumped on Ravelry and started scouring my queue and favourites. 

It was at this point I had a mini revelation.

I went into "Patterns" and from the advanced search, I only selected "In my Library".

39 pages of patterns came up!  How exciting is that??  I can see at a glance all the patterns I have access to, what resource they are in, who else has knitted them (and how they turned out!) and get across-the-board inspiration, all at one click of a mouse!

Patterns I'd forgotten about, some I'd dismissed but now think they deserve a second look after seeing what other people have done with them, and some I just plain missed!


I love Ravelry!

2 comments:

Rose Red said...

I love Ravelry too! For the same reason(s)! I am considering changing to digital magazines, to avoid the storage problems. Although I do wonder if I will miss being able to flick through an actual magazine...I don't know what to do!

Reckless Glue said...

I feel like there are a lot of tricks in ravelry that I could/should be using (but am generally too lazy to pause to figure out!)