Friday, August 24, 2012

honey

My honey cowl, she is finished! 


I have thoroughly enjoyed knitting this piece.  There is something very satisfying about going round and round with Noro's beautiful colour palette and a simple stitch pattern.

I was originally thinking about wearing this with a black jumper, but when I went to get dressed, this red one jumped out at me.  I'm so glad it did, because I really love the strong colour in this outfit!  I added a magenta singlet underneath the red jumper and on the bottom half, I wore indigo jeans and caramel knee-hi boots.

I wore it to work the day after I finished and received many compliments on those gorgeous colours, and the long cowl is just near to perfect in providing warmth and style to an outfit, in my opinion.



It's hard for a Melbourne-girl to break away from her black, but a splash of colour really does break up a long, grey August I have to admit!



6 comments:

Leonie said...

It's gorgeous :-)

WildflowerWool said...

Absolutely wonderful! I have a hard time picturing August being winter there for you when it was SO hot here today!

kgirlknits said...

yes, it's strange isn't it?! I find the same, looking at blog posts of people swimming and lazing in the sun at this time of year :)

2paw said...

She's beautiful and I think a colour with colour is always more spectacular that a colour with black. Very fashionable!!

Rose Red said...

Wow, that was quick! It looks fantastic in the Noro, and I agree with 2paw, colour with colour is so very striking, moreso than with black! Go you in the colours, lady!

Bells said...

as a black lover, I do love accessories that add a splash. I'm seeing more of these cowls around and starting to feel the urge....