Wednesday, February 05, 2014

Wip-tastic week

It's been a catch up week for me this one - I've got a few WIP's on the go that I'd really like to try and knock over within the next fortnight, because there are some exciting planned projects waiting in the wings!

Firstly, I've made some progress on my two Ferris Wheel cardigans for my nieces.  

The violet version is done, barring the small amount of seaming on the pockets and weaving in the ends...


and the silver version is onto the body, probably about 1/3 of the body is done?  It's a little hard to photograph at this stage, but as I've said before - this pattern is one of those ones that just ticks along and before you know it you've done another section.


I've also managed to keep up with the Follow your Arrow KAL clues, which has really surprised me!

Again, it's not the easiest thing to photograph.  The colour is more purple IRL, less lipstick pink, and it's getting rather large, here at the end of the third clue (two more to go).  I can't wait to get it off the needles and onto the blocking wires, to open up those lace motifs.

I've done 1B, 2A, 3B (BAB) which have perhaps been the more "classic" styles.  Loving it so far, and very happy with my choices at each stage; it's been such an enjoyable process so far.

I've decided to do 4A for the next clue.  It's been noted by ysolda that it's the more challenging of the two clues this round and I feel like I've taken the safer route thus far so it's time for me to shake it up a bit!

If you're interested, you can check out the SPOILER posts on Ravelry here, or on Instagram at #followyourarrowkal

Til next week - happy knitting  

5 comments:

Rose Red said...

Happy knitting indeed! You are zooming along, I wish I could say the same for my WIPS!

Faeryfay said...

Thos!e cardi's are gorgeous (great colours) and the arrow lace will be lovely! Fay:)

DrK said...

what beautiful knitting! those gorgeous cardigans! and i cant wait to see how your KAL shawl turns out, what a great idea. so many WIPS, so little time!

2paw said...

I love those cardigans, so cute!! I am looking forward to seeing the shawl, it's great to have a choose your own adventure project.

Miss Prudence said...

Wow!!! You are amazing! I love all of these, one of these days I will try something lacey - it just scares me!
Your nieces will love these