Monday, December 11, 2006

where did those 2 weeks go???

Well, it's been a while....too busy present-knitting to blog, I'm afraid! It has been quite a productive time, however, with a few more UFO's finished/near-to-finished!

This is Mum's Horseshoe Lace Stole...

The combination of the wool and the pattern remind me of cathederal windows.

I've used a pattern originally intended for Icelandic Lopi, but I love the way it translates when worked in laceweight. The yarn is the remainder of my edging from my version of the Icarus shawl. I'm working it in two sections and grafting it in the middle, so as to not lose the points at each end. One section is finished, and now onto the other one! Fingers crossed!

The lace pattern is an easy 8-row repeat, very simple and quick to commit to memory, so unlike other lace projects I have undertaken, this one has proven perfect to sit down with in front of the TV, or while others are in the same room!

My brother's gift is also nearly finished - a BYO felted wine bag and a pair of socks for work (conservative, I know). I did throw a nice bottle of red in the felted bag tho'!

Lots happening in my neck of the woods too. I met up with Katie, from Live2knit and had a great chat and show 'n'tell of latest projects and Katie's new products and colourways for her glorious handpainted yarns. She had my sock wool ready too, which is even better in the flesh than I had imagined. Only bugger is I have too much other knitting to get through before I can even START thinking about my Embossed Leaves socks!

But here's a peek at the wool...

I love the muted tones and am very much looking forward to knitting this up!

No comments: