Friday, November 14, 2008

bloddy m@therf*#&ing awesome


We went and saw Martha Wainwright last night.




I think I'm in love.


She played at one of my all-time favourite venues, The Forum. I know I've banged on about this venue here before, but it really is amazing. It's an old theatre, full of amazing architectural details and dramatic lighting, with a grand foyer and staircase. It's small enough to be intimate, large enough to take the crowds, and artists seem to just love playing there.


The ceiling is painted deep blue and is lit so it glows like a night sky...



These are the best images I could get with my crappy little phone camera, sorry...


and Martha? Well, she was in fine form.

Relaxed and seemingly comfortable, joking and chatting with the crowd, singing a good mix of both albums.

great night!

4 comments:

mixtapezine said...

nice one

i love the forum also

jus

knititch said...

yes she is awesome. saw her as warm up for rufus and then in a concert of her own. i even bought some red knickers saying bloody mother fucking ass hole. i still wonder if i will ever wear them :-))

did you listen to the new lucinda williams honey bee. i think it is great.

Bells said...

Oh I love her. I really must get to see her some time.

Louise said...

Sounds like you had a ball. xo lj