Wednesday, July 31, 2013

an old but familiar tale...

So, I went to our monthly knitting meet up on the weekend, taking both my large-but-simple-but-kinda-not-simple projects with me.

Totally ripped out near-to-every stitch knitted in said 4 hours when I got home, and promptly achieved more knitting that night in an hour of watching TV.  Oh dear!

It's not an unfamiliar lament within our group and others like it, and I know it is for the lovely and wonderful company that I go to our meetings, of course.  I usually take plain, plain, PLAIN knitting wherever possible, but I did have a smug thought that I could totally knit (simple) texture and (simple) lace whilst talking and laughing and eating.



and I can still see that difference in the band skein on my Grace...but I'm far more cool with it, even from last week.



Anyway, both projects are humming away now, and although I am still coveting new and exciting patterns via Ravelry trawling, I am somewhat more content with the ones in progress now they are showing just that: progress.



I've decided I'm going to cast on the Neon Ski Bonnet in my recently-acquired Cascade 220 "Summer Sky Heathers",  once both current projects are to the armpits, though.  A girl can't live on knitting monogamy alone for ever!

5 comments:

2paw said...

I agree, a girl needs some knitting variety. The colour difference in the bad is not really noticeable, it looks like the rib makes it different. Noooo, never take anything more than a tad simple to knitting group!!!!

Rebecca said...

I reckon vanilla socks might be the perfect craft group project. Nothing with counting!

I think the band solution with the shade difference works well. It looks deliberate.

DrK said...

as far as im concerned, knitting monogamy only really works when there's a deadline. otherwise its dead boring. im the same with knitting in groups. in fact, im sometimes the same at home on my own! the change in colour in that sweater looks totally natural by the way.

Bells said...

Your blog is a veritable feast of colours and delights right now!

I know what you mean about knitting in groups. We've all had that smug thought!!

Rose Red said...

That hat is the bomb! I can totally see you rocking it. I wish I could...