I do have some projects still on the needles that need attention before starting anything new though. I think the key to the success of this challenge will be in the discipline (and when I say "the", I mean "my"!)
To this, I have spent time with my Girl Friday this week and she is up to the armholes. Knitting the majority of the body in the round means no seams but boy - all those stitches do take some time.
This photo makes it look small. For perspective, the finished cardigan will sit at the top of my thighs, and is a slouchy fit.
The never-ending saga of Grace continues. Grave concerns now about yardage. I feel like this project is slightly doomed... I'm not even up to the armholes on the back, with less than a ball left of the yarn allocation for that section, so I've decided to stop here; cast on the front and work it to the same length, then work the two pieces together. If it comes down to not enough yarn, I', thinking I will use a contrast yarn (maybe a turquoise?) for the bodice or the turtleneck.
Once these projects both got too big to cart around, my mobile project this last week has been some long-lingering socks I started ages ago, just to use up the yarn.
I'd used this yarn originally to make a little toddler cap, but there was what looked like a significant amount left and I didn't want to waste it. I cast on socks, thinking I could just add contrast toes, but as I approached the toe of the first one it became apparent there wasn't enough yarn so I ripped it back (grumble) and shortened the cuff to anklet length. I used some Cascade Heritage in "Flamingo" for the toes and it was a really pleasing match.
Of course, I got to the end of Sock #2 and had ample of the variegated to have completed both.
|that's a teaspoon, for reference|
Never mind. I'm well pleased with my new anklets. They are perfect for wearing under ankle boots, or padding around in my pajamas.
And the pink toes are just all kinds of happy :)