But of course, get done it must, so out came the whiteboard and tasks were sorted into sub-groups by priority. I'm pleased I've been able to work methodically through most of my to-do list, plus a few extras, and am now feeling a little more on top of it all as I head straight into another busy week.
The organisational spree has included the creative space and the greater home environment as well. My craft supplies and tools seem to have a habit of spreading themselves around all and every surface so getting them under control was first on my list.
A few weeks back, Laura from the KnitGirllls mentioned her method for keeping her circular needles organised on the podcast, and I thought hers was a really nifty idea. She uses an accordion file and stores them by size. When I was in Officeworks this week I picked myself up this stylish little one and sorted the huge tangle that was my needles straight into their relevant file. It's small enough to sit out of the way on my workstation, but in reach when needed.
While I was sorting needles, I also found this sweet vintage tin for my various dpn's. I have two needle cases that I made some time ago for my sock dpn's and they are very handy, especially if I'm taking them travelling, but they only fit so many sets and nothing over 20cm long, so this tin is perfect for the overflow.
While I was sorting all the needles, I took the opportunity to clear out some of the old needles that I'll probably never use again. I'm a bit (a lot) of a magpie, and I can't let go of things easily even if I have plenty. I'm hoping they are just what someone is looking for at the opshop though.
Which is good, because I'm hoping to pick up lots of tips and sewing inspiration after my Craft Sessions Wiksten Tulip Skirt workshop. Another thing ticked off my list on Sunday - I got my fabric, interfacing and buttons! I also managed to get the pattern at a discount, using an Interweave coupon code I found online - huzzah!
I'm really pleased with fabric, and I love the buttons! Options for fabrics are pretty limited down my way, and I did struggle a bit to find a print I liked in an appropriate fabric, but finally settled on this and I think it's a good choice. It's a mid-weight cotton and I can see it being a very wearable and versatile skirt. The buttons are actually slightly translucent, which isn't really showing up in the photos, and with their opaque cream dots, they sit really well on the fabric.
I *may* have picked up some extra metres or two while I was there.
I've made some more progress on my Vedbaek shawl - onto the 8th repeat (of 9) so nearing the edging chart very soon. It's used way less yarn than I'd originally thought so far; it will be interesting to see how far the second skein goes now the stitch count is greatly increased. I'm anticipating getting it done with 400m though (unless the edging chart chews through meterage like a barracuda!). Photos next week...
Sadly, I don't think my Nightingale Vest will be finished in time to wear to the Craft Sessions, though. But that's OK - I'll take it along and hopefully get a row or two in on Saturday night. It's looking beautiful so far though, and there will hopefully be an FO next week!!
So that was my week. I feel a lot more in charge of things this side of the weekend, and can see a clear path ahead through the next few weeks to come. If you're going to the Craft Sessions, hope to see you there! Otherwise, see you all next week and until then - happy creating :)